Air Conditioning Service
Living in the Caribbean often demands that we find ways to cool the internal spaces of our homes through mechanical means. To cool these internal spaces often require us to install air conditioning and sometimes they do not always work in the way they should and may also require replacement and repairs at times. There are multiple reasons to replace or repair your air conditioning system.
With increased needs to be energy efficient, you may find your old system no longer meets energy standards and require replacement to enable you to experience improves living comfort and air quality. Most times, you need to replace your air conditioning system because it no longer works properly.Repairing your system can sometimes be more cost-effective than replacing it. The most common areas that require repairs are the electrical components and the piping components.
Electrical Repair Components
- Capacitors -- Capacitors help your Air conditioning motor start from a standstill and over long periods they become less efficient. As they become less efficient they may cause your motor to run hotter and ultimately reduce the life expectancy of your motor. In the event that your capacitor fails, the whole motor will stop working. Capacitors will have to be replaced to enable the motor to run again if other parts are not damaged.
- Compressor -- The Compressors is the outdoor components of your air conditioning system. This compressor acts as a pump which enables the circulation of refrigerants through the air-conditioner. This problem can usually be detected through differences in decibel levels, with more noise coming from the component. This is often an indication of the impending failure of your compressor. Most often they fail due to strain from another failed part such as the fan motor. You should consider checking the compressor if the sound from the compressor gets louder or if you see a decrease in performance and ultimately not cool your house.
- Contact/Relay -- Relays are critical devices in your air conditioning system and they are electronically controlled switches that enable and activate the various components of your system. They regulate the power going to the motor to circuitry and components in the system. Your “relay” being stuck in the open position is the most common reason for failure of your air-conditioning system.
- Fuses —Fuses are central to any electrical system for projection against electrical surges and inadequate currents to enable the efficient running of what ever device. Fuses are often the first component of your device or system to go bad. They can become burnt out over time, may just be loose, or due to overload from another failed component. When a fuse fails, whatever system it was protecting will stop working.
- Indoor Fan Motor -- Your Indoor fan motor circulates the air throughout your house via diffusers. These fans and diffusers often gather dust buildup through filters which is a contributing factors to their failure. Failure of the fan will result in no cooling of your internal spaces and if it is not repaired soon, it can cause other components to fail. The fan will begin to make more noise which is a sign of its impending failure.
- Outdoor Fan Motor -- Your condenser is often placed outdoors in less desirable places and the condenser fan, is almost always exposed to external conditions. As a result they become prone to all sorts of debris and dust due to extreme weather conditions. The fan may operate in a sporadic fashion which serves as an indications that fan is not working efficiently until it stops for good and your air conditioning system no longer works.
Pipe Repair Components
- Piping — Leak free piping is critical to enable the efficient operation of your air conditioning system. Copper pipes can after a time develop leaks or break due to faulty welding or connections, causing refrigerant gases to leak out and eventually your systems stops cooling. Checking pipes periodically are good practice to ensure the efficiency of your system.
- Insulation — Insulation plays a very large part in keeping your air conditioning system cool. Over time insulation around external piping deteriorates with expose to the elements. As a result, pipes have direct exposure to sun and and the system has to work harder to keep the internal spaces cool. Replacing insulation can be a good idea as the years go by and it may not it may cause you to repair or replace your system in the future.